As a 3D artist you will design, create & implement as many assets & textures as possible - as well as overseeing & supporting their implementation into UE4 & the game. You will be expected to take part in all aspects of the game’s development - from planning, designing all the way through to play testing & engaging with customers.
- Liaise with the product Design & UX teams at Netspeak to ensure your work is relevant to our audience, reflects the values of the game & the company & matches the high quality bar of the rest of the game
- Create beautiful 3D art using technical processes to optimise lighting, material calls & vertex efficiency.
- Learn how to take your assets from Maya into the UE4 game engine & consider basic level design & flow concepts to ensure your artwork is not only beautiful, but functional
Netspeak has three pillars: Diversity, Collaboration & Inclusion. Our 3D art team must be a perfect example of all three working in harmony; you must ensure our game world makes our customers feel comfortable, listened to & build them a space where they feel safe to express themselves. By helping us build a company that reflects these values, we’ll build a product that does the same.
Salary is £30,000 - £45,000 (DOE). The job will come with a fancy laptop (if you’d prefer that to a desktop), as many screens and tablets as you need - and several phones for testing on. We’re fully remote; but if you want office space local to yourself we will offer up to £500 a month towards a desk in a remote location if needed. There will always be a desk for you in our London office too if ever you’re in town.
You’ll be joining a small, close-knit team of artists. Your work will mostly be delivering any 3D assets needed for any given feature; and where you have down time there will be a lovely long list of fun bits to do when your feature team has everything they need. Down time tasks include character concepts, level design problems, furniture & props, VFX.
You’ll be given share options for passing your 6 month probationary period, which will have the value & mechanisms explained to you when you join. It’s not complicated!
We want Netspeak to be a place where people come to learn & grow - if you want courses in any of the following areas we will find time & budget to send you on them where possible!
- VFX for games
- Character design
- Traditional art mediums (charcoals, paints etc)
- Houdini & other tools
- Management training
- Excellent 2D Texturing & 3D Modelling skills
- Proficiency with Photoshop & Maya (or industry equivalent)
- Strong Communication & Collaboration skills
- Passion for developing for Mobile Platforms