As a Technical artist you will bridge the gap between the engineering and creative teams. You will enable the art team to flourish by building efficient and “easy to use” asset pipelines. Collaborate with the wider art team to visually push the envelope while being an advocate for efficiency and performance. This means everything from building houdini digital assets to creating jaw dropping visual effects.
● Liaise with the wider team to build & maintain effective Maya to Ue4 pipelines. Collaborate to ensure that art content meets the artistic vision & quality bar while being efficient and optimised for our target platforms
● Create elaborate but performant shaders & visual effects that surprise and delight our audience
● Solve Complex problems (Everything from platform specific render issues to automating pipelines) & Communicate best practices to the wider art team
● Learn We’re constantly on the lookout for new tools and techniques so a pioneering mindset is a must
Netspeak’s goal is to build worlds that people want to spend time in. These worlds update and augment over time - and they are constantly refreshing to stay as relevant as possible. This means our content pipelines are _always_ busy! A technical artist at Netspeak thinks ahead - they plan tools, processes and guidelines that help the team move quickly, deliver high quality assets & grow our little game worlds safely around the players. Your mission is to help us push the boundaries of what a small team can do - make our games feel expensive & rich while keeping our teams relaxed & creative with your tools & knowledge.
Salary is £40,000 - £50,000 The job will come with a fancy laptop (if you’d prefer that to a desktop), as many screens and tablets as you need - and several phones for testing on. We’re fully remote; but if you want office space local to yourself we will offer up to £500 a month towards a desk in a remote location if needed. There will always be a desk for you in our London office too if ever you’re in town.
You’ll be joining a small, close-knit team of artists. Your work will be split between supporting the wider art team with tooling & curating moments of delight for our audience
You’ll be given 150 share options for passing your 6 month probationary period, which will have the value & mechanisms explained to you when you join. It’s not complicated!
We want Netspeak to be a place where people come to learn & grow - if you want courses in any of the following areas we will find time & budget to send you on them where possible!
● Management training
● Time management
● VFX for games
● Character design
● Traditional art mediums (charcoals, paints etc)
● Houdini & other tools