Our senior concept artist needs to be collaborative, creative and focused. They must be able to understand complex problems and produce simple, elegant solutions in a timely manner. They will have excellent art fundamentals, clear communication and be inspired by a need to learn & grow.
- Liaise with the design team & come to understand the systems, the player motivations and the core pillars of our products
- Solve complex design & product problems visually, balancing form & function with our artistic style choices
- Produce beautiful, emotive artwork that furthers our companies brand as a creator of beautiful things
- Promote and progress our internal artistic quality bars and drive our art team towards being industry leading
- Deliver a combination of quick thumbnails, paint overs & highly polished emotive pieces of artwork
You must help us solve problems as early as possible in the design funnel. By aiding our designers, product managers and engineers with clear, visual solutions to problems you will optimize our entire development process.
With your understanding of things like anatomy, color theory, composition coupled with a clear collaborative process you will strike a balance between form, function & beauty.
You will thrive in an ego-less environment, giving feedback as much as possible & taking feedback onboard - adapting and iterating quickly.
Salary is between £45,000-£65,000 (negotiable & based on experience). The job will come with a fancy laptop (if you’d prefer that to a desktop) and really flexible options for remote working - headsets, keyboards, monitors, desks etc : we will kit you out!
The art team consists of three 3D artists, two 2D specialists & one junior concept artist. We are a studio of 40 people looking to become closer to 60. You will report to the associate art director. Starting as soon as possible!
You’ll be given share options for passing your 6 month probationary period, which will have the value & mechanisms explained to you when you join. It’s not complicated!
We want Netspeak to be a place where people come to learn & grow - if you want courses in any of the following areas we will find time & budget to send you on them where possible!
VFX for games
Traditional art mediums (charcoals, paints etc)