As a UI artist you will design & create visually striking 2D assets. This will range from UI right through to iconography & character portraits. In addition to creating high quality assets you will be responsible for overseeing & supporting their implementation into UE4 & the game.
You will be expected to take part in all aspects of the game’s development from planning, designing all the way through to play testing & engaging with customers.
Liaise with the product, design & the wider art team at Netspeak to ensure your work is relevant to our audience, reflects the values of the game & the company & matches the high quality bar of the rest of the game
Create visually striking 2D Assets, taking feedback and iterating based on data & opinion
Build highly polished user interfaces to deliver the best experience possible to our audience in collaboration with our Research & UX team members
Build & Manage an efficient source to UE4 asset pipeline
Maintain & Own any UI templates, layouts, standards & onboarding materials for other artists
Netspeak has three pillars: Diversity, Collaboration & Inclusion. Our UI team must be a perfect example of all three working in harmony; you must ensure our game world makes our customers feel comfortable, listened to & build them a space where they feel safe to express themselves. By helping us build a company that reflects these values, we’ll build a product that does the same.
Salary is up to £45,000 (DOE & based on location). You’ll be joining a small, close-knit team of artists. Your work will mostly be delivering any 2D assets needed for any given feature; and where you have down time there will be a lovely long list of fun bits to do when your feature team has everything they need.
You’ll be given share options for passing your 6 month probationary period, which will have the value & mechanisms explained to you when you join. It’s not complicated!
We want Netspeak to be a place where people come to learn & grow - if you want courses in any of the following areas we will find time & budget to send you on them where possible!
VFX for games
Traditional art mediums (charcoals, paints etc)
- A deep knowledge of design encompassing shape language, layout, typography & colour theory
- Excellent 2D illustration skills & a high proficiency with Photoshop & Illustrator
- Strong Communication & Collaboration skills
- Passion for developing for Mobile Platforms
- You have experience in UI design for mobile games
- Great understanding of how to produce appealing UI aesthetics within the available time frame and resources
- You have knowledge of technical constraints and assets optimisation
- Skills in animation, motion design and/or special effects